tcACCESS – Technologies
Visual Basic-, C- and DELPHI- Applications
The MS-Windows Software Developer Kit (SDK) is a optional feature of tcACCESS. The tcACCESS OCX programming interface can be used by all Windows based OCX-capable programming languages like C, Visual Basic, Delphi etc. Due to the visual functionality of OCX, the implementation of tcACCESS functions into a program will be greatly simplified. For example, it is now a simple procedure to access a mainframe resource like a VSAM-file or a DL/I or IMS database segment from a Visual Basic program. All tcACCESS functions are available.
Functions of the OCX interface
The following tcACCESS functions will be supported by the OCX-interface:
||All functions required to administer and configure tcACCESS.
||All functions required to establish a connection to the host.
||All functions required to determine and retrieve host directories.
||Functions to provide SQL access to host files.
||All functions required to download host files to the PC.
||All functions required to upload PC files to the host.
||These functions allow the import of field structure definitions (i.e. Copybooks).
||This component contains basic functions for the host communication as well as a function to synchronously execute a Windows application.
- Graphical OCX interface for VisualBasic, C and DELPHI
- Create program structures using Drag & Drop
- Automatic provision of all functional variables
- Fast program development for a direct communication with the tcACCESS Host.
Data selected from mainframe files can be stored in XML format. This enables e-business-applications to further process the data.
The intelligent data mapping functions and the use of SQL-statements do not require mainframe know-how to process the mainframe files by e-business applications.
tcACCESS customers always confirm the time- and money-savings during the integration process of mainframe sources.
- Platform independent processing of mainframe data
- Data exchange with any type of Open System application
- Optional creation of schema files
- Simple integration of mainframe data into e-Business solutions
- No knowledge required about the original mainframe file structures