tcVISION – The Challenge
The market globalization changes the requirements for the communication technology. The homogeneous mainframe system is no longer an issue. The mainframe has become part of an IT architecture that is a puzzle of multiple application systems and databases. IT is the service platform responsible to provide the right information at the right place in right time: 24 hours with no interruptions.
The growing number of distributed application systems that maintain their individual databases as well as the mobility of applications demand an ongoing exchange of data between mainframe and Open System server. In a market with no borders and no time limits the end-user demands highly accurate and timely accurate information. Innovative solutions for an ongoing information exchange between the individual application systems are required to implement the "Real-time Enterprise".
tcVISION is a software solution that revolutionizes the cross-platform exchange of mainframe data. Concentrating on Changed Data creates new ways for the actualization of data in a proprietary IT environment. tcVISION will ease and speed up the implementation of data exchange procedures involving mainframe data. The tcVISION technology results in an increase of efficiency that will lead to savings in all areas. tcVISION allows the fast implementation of extremely time critical data integration requirements.
- Growing number of application systems that operate a database
- Requirements for real-time data synchronization between the mainframe and Open System server
- Market globalization demands high availability of information systems
- Exchange of mass data faces limits (limited batch windows)
- General cost pressure requires efficient solutions for data exchange, data synchronization and data replication
– The Solution
tcVISION's "Change Data Capture" revolutionizes Data Exchange, Data Replication and Synchronization of Mainframe Data
tcVISION's Changed Data Capture technology automatically identifies the changes applied to mainframe databases by production application systems. The changed data will be automatically propagated to the desired target systems in the Open System environment. No programming efforts are necessary.
By focusing on changed data significant savings can be achieved in all areas. Only the data that has actually been changed will be processed and moved. The time necessary to implement and execute the CDC processes for mainframe data will be significantly reduced using tcVISION. The tcVISION implementation guarantees a high degree of efficiency.
ETL processes required to implement solutions in the areas of EAI, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence, to name a few, can be implemented in a far more efficient way. Information exchange between application systems and databases that reside on different platforms but are connected to a mainframe will become more easier. The support of continuous propagation of changed data in the target system results in highly accurate and timely information.
– Guarantee for Efficiency and Transparency
Transfer of mass data still makes sense for certain applications. This can be the initial load of mainframe data into an ETL or EAI tool or Data Warehouse. Transferring mass data, however, should not be seen as the universal answer for integration of mainframe data. Mass data transfer very fast faces limitations because the available Batch windows are not large enough. Mass data transfer may not be the most efficient solution. It must be decided on an individual basis whether mass data transfer is the right way to go if only selected changed data must be provided to the remote system.
For this reason tcVISION offers technologies that allow an optimum information exchange between distributed systems.
What can tcVISION do?
- Automatic Mainframe data mapping
- Automatic identification of changes in Mainframe-databases and -files without any programming effort
- Automatic conversion and transfer of the changed data to the target systems
- Scheduling functions for transfers in realtime and based upon intervals and events
- Management- and control mechanisms and auditing functions
- Powerful bulk processors to efficiently transfer mass data